A pediatric dentist specialises in treating children’s dental problems. The dentist helps prevent and treat the oral needs of children. Conditions like oral cavities in teeth help aid maxillofacial areas like the head, neck, face, and jaw. They help in keeping the mouth healthy of their patients. Establishing healthy gums, teeth, and mouth. The overall goal of pediatric dentists is to maintain healthy, lifelong oral practices.
Therefore, once you see teeth in your baby’s mouth, make an appointment with the dentist. It is essential to check it with the Periodontist Manhattan. Also, if you see anything that examines strange in your child’s mouth, like bleeding, white spots, lesions, etc. Make an appointment directly.
When should you see a pediatric dentist?
It is essential to visit your pediatric dentist in manhattan in 6 months for an oral check-up and to keep a healthy mouth. In addition to keeping your mouth healthy, consider seeking care from an experienced pediatric dentist if your child has any of the following signs or conditions:
- Bad breath
- Bleeding gums
- Noticed changes in your child’s teeth, gums, lips, or tongue
- Crooked or teeth discolouration
- Late teeth eruption or tooth loss
- Medical conditions that increase their risk of dental problems, such as diabetes
- Sensitivity to hot and cold liquids
- Pain while chewing
- Tooth, mouth or jaw pain or swelling in gums
Children or adolescents can risk dental problems while playing sports, smoking, and excessive use of alcohol.
What conditions and diseases does a pediatric dentist treat?
Pediatric dentists specialize in treating oral conditions of children. They diagnose and help maintain a healthy oral life. A Manhattan Dentist treats a variety of shapes and diseases, including:
- Cavities and plaque
- Teeth discolouration
- Dry mouth
- Gum disease (gingivitis first stage)
- Misaligned teeth (malocclusion)
- Mouth sores and infections
- Chipped, broken teeth or tooth loss
- Teeth grinding problems
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder
- Pain in the tooth
Tests a pediatric dentist performs:
A pediatric dentist can perform many diagnostic and screening tests. These tests include:
- Oral biopsy to diagnose diseases
- Screening test to detect oral cancer before a child begins with its symptoms
- Oral exams to see early childhood cavity risk assessment and visual evaluation.
- Salivary gland testing to evaluate the health of the salivary glands and their functioning.
- Oral Tests for infections, including yeast and bacterial infections, herpes virus, etc.
- X-rays may include teeth, jaws, skull, and salivary glands radiographs to evaluate dental decay, bone loss, misaligned teeth, and other problems.
Procedures and treatments a pediatric dentist perform:
Orthodontist near me carry out a range of operations and treatments, including:
- Cleanings, fluoride treatments, dental sealants, and deep cleaning are all part of dental hygiene and preventive care (scaling and root planning)
- Fitting dental appliances, such as space maintainers, specialised sports mouthguards, and devices to alleviate TMJ dysfunction and teeth grinding
- Tooth extractions, dental implants, gum surgery, and tissue grafts are among the surgical operations.
- Treatments, including fillings, crowns, root canals, and teeth-whitening procedures that restore or fix damaged teeth.
Dentists recommend dental check-ups every twice a year, but in the case of children, you should visit the dentist per the child’s requirements. You can contact a pediatric dentist near me for more information.